FIELD TRIP HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO MAY 28!!!
Due to 80% chance of rain in the forecast, we decided to reschedule out field trip. We are very lucky to have available buses on that day. I apologize if this creates an inconvenience for your family. I know some of you took off work to be with us.
English Language Arts:
Spelling words consist of words that have double consonants at the end (ll, ff, ss). We will be reviewing nonfiction books and learning a lot of new information from them.
We have a lot to write about our year in 1st grade!
We are diving into the lifecycle of plants.
- May 13 - PTA Program. Be in the classroom at 6:45. Wear jeans and a yellow, black or white shirt. Performance is at 7:00.
- May 14 - Our class will go to the book fair in the morning.
- May 16 - Play
- May 28 - Field Trip to the Dallas Arboretum
- Don't forget that the kids can log on to iStation at home. Let me know if you have any questions about this! It will help them so much with their reading!
- Thank you so much for making sure the kids are reading every night! It does phenomenal things for their literacy development.
- Try to log on to quizlet.com at home. This is a web based program that can be used on the computer or tablet. Search for my class and there are some different "decks" to help with sight words and spelling words. The kids love it!